Thursday, July 21, 2011

You are Not Alone

I am so astonished at that outpouring of love and support that my family has received since finding out about my dad's cancer a little over a week ago. Tonight my dear friend Jacqueline text me to let me know that awesome prayer had taken place at Ohio camp for my dad... earlier this week, a friend of the family also called my dad on his cell phone so prayer could take place for him. These people are truly what keep us going... Many facebook posts, emails, text messages, and phone calls have been received by all the members of our family, and that keeps us encouraged.

Dad's surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 7 am. My poor parents have to be there at 5 am to get ready for the operation. Aunt Carolyn said that she is still believing the surgery won't happen, that God is able to perform a miracle. I believe that too.

Three of my young cousins cut off all their hair in support of my dad... I thought that was so touching too. All these people with so much love, so much faith, and so much understanding have allowed me to see a different view of the world. It may seem like you are all alone, and even the people you care about and who care about you are far, far away, but in the tough times the miles don't matter. People reach out to you across the distance. God does this too. Just when we feel like there's no moving forward, and there's no way we can carry on, God reaches across the abyss to offer the strength and love we need to carry on. You are never alone. Dad won't be alone tomorrow either, and that's the source of my comfort. We thank you again for your prayers tomorrow!

I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Matthew 28:20. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands. Isaiah 49:16.

No comments:

Post a Comment